I am a final year student studying Marketing, Advertising and Communications. Having undertaken a 12-month placement at Microsoft last year, returning to student life has been a bit of a shock to the system! With only 2 months left to go, I'm excited for the next chapter in my life and ever the optimist, I'll be tackling lifes challenges with the outlook that the glass is always half full!

Monday 25 February 2013

We Are Victorious


Yesterday was a good day. As I’ve said before, I play for the University volleyball team and yesterday we had a volleyball tournament fancy dress fun day and I managed to roundup a whole one of my housemates and two other friends to join me.

Never being one to shy away from fancy dress and regularly enjoying bouncing around the house pretending to be a bunny (you think I’m joking), I grabbed hold of the opportunity to draw a bunny/cat/mouse (I’ll let you interpret it as you wish) nose and whiskers on my face.

....From the face paint, came the inspiration for our team name. ‘The Pussaaaays’ (grow up).

Anyway, after four games of intense (arguable) volleyball, who else came away victorious but, The Pussaaaays!! Thankfully we’d left before our crowning ceremony, as I was told later that our prize was a cake and having given up everything good for lent and still going strong, this would have been torture, not a reward! 

On another note, yours truly has become a professional blogger! (Possibly a slight exaggeration…). I applied for a job as a blogger for Endsleigh* and have been successful! OK, so it’s not paid, but with the economic market as it is, we students need anything to stand out! And hey, I’m quite enjoying this whole blogging malarkey so it might be fun!

Bye for now x

* http://www.endsleigh.co.uk/Student/hub/Pages/student-hub.aspx 
 This is where my blog for Endsleigh will be located

No comments:

Post a Comment