I am a final year student studying Marketing, Advertising and Communications. Having undertaken a 12-month placement at Microsoft last year, returning to student life has been a bit of a shock to the system! With only 2 months left to go, I'm excited for the next chapter in my life and ever the optimist, I'll be tackling lifes challenges with the outlook that the glass is always half full!

Tuesday 12 February 2013

Today is a Big Day



What better time to write my second post, than on Pancake Day.

Anyone who knows me knows that I LOVE food. So this means that Pancake Day is quite frankly one of the best days of the year. As a reward to myself for all my hard work on my dissertation (umm…) I decided that I would only eat pancakes all day.

MASSIVE FAIL

I start the day with just one pancake as I’m running late for work. Well that’s more of a tease than satisfying. Get to work (in the students union) and the refectory aren't selling pancakes. IDEAL.

I’d like to pretend that the pancakes in the picture are my creation, but in fact I've had to resort to Bing search (Microsoft have brainwashed me) to find something oh so delightful that I can set to work on tonight!

But what makes this such a big day isn't just pancakes, today is the last day of all things good, today is the day before tomorrow, when I give up everything good in my life! (Well…sweets, chocolates, biscuits and cakes). Being someone who can’t go a day without a sweet treat, this is going to be a challenge and a half!

Why am I doing it?? Because nobody thinks I can.

Wish me luck!!

Ciao x

No comments:

Post a Comment