I am a final year student studying Marketing, Advertising and Communications. Having undertaken a 12-month placement at Microsoft last year, returning to student life has been a bit of a shock to the system! With only 2 months left to go, I'm excited for the next chapter in my life and ever the optimist, I'll be tackling lifes challenges with the outlook that the glass is always half full!

Sunday 17 February 2013

Two Life Lessons


This weekend has been a good one. I had two Volleyball matches on Saturday (who cares who won) which I really enjoyed, largely because I got to wear my brand spanking new trainers! (£12 instead of £40, what a deal!)

Then my friend from placement, Lizzie, came to visit me and see the sights of Cheltenham. If you do only one good thing today, let it be to follow @LizzieAJohnston. A friend in need.

We decided to take a trip into town today, what else can you do these days… once upon a time meeting up with friends meant putting on shows for the parents, making a tent out of bed sheets and performing dances (ok so the last one still stands). Anyway, the trip to town taught me two life lessons:
     1.      Always get your travel insurance from Debenhams
     2.      Complaining gets you everywhere

Professional skier - tricks and everything

I was lucky enough to go skiing earlier this year (First time and I’ve definitely caught the ski bug) and I decided to take out my travel insurance with Debenhams…what a great decision it turned out to be. After spending £11 on the insurance I was then rewarded with two £5 vouchers to spend in Debenhams. So off I went to buy myself some £21 concealer* (I know) and with an addditional 10% discount, I came away with the product for just £8.90. Pretty much daylight robbery! 

mmmmmmmm....
Next stop, TGI Fridays. Having contemplated what to have for a considerably shorter amount of time than usual, some people might say I’m indecisive, I decided on a chicken and bacon burger with Brie and Maple syrup (You will learn that I like weird mixes of sweet and savoury. i.e bacon and banana toasties, one of the best combinations ever invented) >>>


The burger arrives. No Brie or Maple Syrup. Obviously I’m totally outraged (If you know me, you know that outrage for me isn’t too scary a thing) and I demand (ask for politely) a discount. Well the £2 off I’m offered is more of a micky take than a favour so rather than settling, the battle continues resulting in me getting the meal for free! Melissa 1, TGI Fridays 0. The moral of the story? Complain....nicely.

That’s all for now.

See you x

* Lancome Effacernes Concealer – The best concealer EVER.

No comments:

Post a Comment