I am a final year student studying Marketing, Advertising and Communications. Having undertaken a 12-month placement at Microsoft last year, returning to student life has been a bit of a shock to the system! With only 2 months left to go, I'm excited for the next chapter in my life and ever the optimist, I'll be tackling lifes challenges with the outlook that the glass is always half full!

Wednesday 14 August 2013

Round two

It's been a while... and I have a thieving little gremlin from Ho Chi Minh to thank for that! I waved goodbye to three ready to publish blogs when my bag was quite literally cut off me. But we'll get to that... 

Now, lets test my memory...

We hadn't planned to stay in Hue until Kate and I found out that one of our friends from uni, Joe Owst, would be there, then we thought it was worth the stay! 

We spent the afternoon at the beach and seemed to be the only tourists there. Stripping down to our bikinis, we felt a little self conscious as apparently all Vietnamese, men and women, wear full clothing in the sea, jeans and all! 


That evening we met up with Joe and some other friends that we'd met on the Halong bay trip, three girls from Edinburgh Uni (Morven and Siobhan originally from Glasgow and Abbie from Newcastle) and 8 girls from Bristol. 

Me and Joe 

In the club Brown Eyes. 

The next day we jumped on a bus to Hoi An, and reunited with Phoebe and Vanessa. We checked into Sunflower hotel, which is the place to stay for any backpacker in Hoi An! 

Hoi An itself is a really beautiful place and the only place I've visited in Vietnam that I think I could quite easily spend a week or so there. 

There's Japanese elements to the town and quite notably, over 1500 tailoring shops!! Of course being the shopaholic I am, there's no way I could miss the opportunity for cheap tailored clothes! So I went ahead and got a graduation dress, maxi and playsuit made! All for under £50! 



When we weren't wandering around the town or getting measured for clothes, we spent our days at the beach. We rents bicycles for next to nothing and rode the 15 minute journey which was good fun and well needed exercise! 

In the evenings at the beach, little tiny 'restaurants' were set up on the beach which were busy with locals. We decided to try the local food which was a mix of clams and a soupy rice. Rather nice! 



The evenings at Hoi An were so much fun, made even better thanks to a group of Canadians that we made friends with, who just loved to organise get togethers and party! 

We attended the infamous '210' party, with live entertainment and free drinks included! And the next day awoke from a nap to be summoned to a booze cruise, consisting of two boats tied together and about 60 people crammed aboard. 

The nights would always end with a trip to the infamous Volcano. Unlimited drinks for just over £1. Lethal!! 

210 party 

Girls, girls, girls. The Edinburgh girls, Bristol girls and us. 

Booze cruise! 

At Volcano

After 3 days we dragged ourself away from Hoi An and ventured onwards to Nha Trang. 

Coming up.... 

X

No comments:

Post a Comment